VIRAL VIDEO: Netizen says sorry for Duterte death threat | The Summit Express

Navi-Grid TheSummitExpress - Your News Blog
Home About Us Contribute Team Summit Express Advertise

Privacy Policy Terms and Conditions

VIRAL VIDEO: Netizen says sorry for Duterte death threat



MANILA, Philippines - After posting a violent reaction against president-elect Rodrigo “Rody” Duterte online, Joseph Robert B. Lu has now released a video statement asking for Tatay Digong and his supporters forgiveness on June 6 in San Pablo City, Laguna.

Netizen says sorry for Duterte death threat

In his comment on Mariz Umali’s assertion via GMA News Twitter account, Lu, in his frustration and anger advertently brought up that he would like to kill Duterte for his stupidity and arrogance in relation to the catcalling issue last week.

Duterte gets death threat from netizen for catcalling reporter

Duterte supporters retaliated and wanted Lu to be sued for cyber crime and grave threat. Majority of them hunted him online but his Twitter account has already been deactivated after the issue erupted.

Bryan Joseph, who is residing in San Pablo City, was physically and amicably confronted by a local pro-Duterte group in order to settle things out.

In a five minute video posted by a certain Yzmik Villanueva Virtucio, Lu has admitted and sincerely apologized for the the ill-comment that he posted online. He was appealing to the entire nation to stop harassing and bullying him online which affect him, his family and work. He added that he’s not capable of killing someone and his words are mere results of exasperation.

He explained that the reason why he was able to utter those harsh words towards the incoming president was due to sudden outburst of emotion.

Watch the full video here (Credit: Yzmik Villanueva Virtucio Facebook Account)

In the video, there were three unidentified men who were all wearing Duterte printed shirts behind Lu and closely watching at him. They are believed to be Lu’s apprehenders. It’s still unclear whether these men coerced Bryan Joseph to publicly apologize. However, it is noticeable that the humbled-man was holding a piece of paper in his hands where important points of his apology speech were written.

At the end of the video, the three shady Duterte supporters shook Lu’s hand in appreciation to what he has done.

As of this moment, no words yet from Duterte nor his spokespersons or representatives with regards to the death threat issue. It might be because of the incoming president’s oath to boycott the media which has started last week and expected to end until his last day of his presidency.

--Joey Boy Capos, The Summit Express