Petty crime cases in Metro Manila decrease | The Summit Express

Navi-Grid TheSummitExpress - Your News Blog
Home About Us Contribute Team Summit Express Advertise

Privacy Policy Terms and Conditions

Petty crime cases in Metro Manila decrease



MANILA, Philippines - In line with President Rodrigo Duterte’s commitment to stop crime and corruption in three to six months, the number of petty crimes in Metro Manila has reduced, according to the Philippine National Police (PNP).

Petty crime cases in Metro Manila decrease
Change is coming: The number of petty crimes in Metro Manila has decreased, according to the Philippine National Police (PNP). PHOTO CREDIT: RTVM
Beginning July 1, no record of snatch theft and holdup, which were common crimes in Luneta Park, was listed in the said tourist spot. Instead, alarm and scandal crimes were highly documented in the Luneta Area.

According to Manila Police District (MPD) Station 5’s desk officer, there are many police patrolling in the area.

The same situation was observed in Binondo which covers Divisoria. Crimes of unjust vexation, malicious mischief, possession of deadly weapons and some ordinance violations were documented by the MPD Station 11.

In Mandaluyong, almost zero cases of snatch theft, holdup, street fights, and other petty crimes were recorded. An incident of house burglary in Boni Avenue involving the taking of watch, camera and other things amounting to P50,000 was the last recorded crime in the city. A CCTV footage of the incident showing the male suspect was recorded.

Almost zero cases of petty crimes were also observed in Pasig City.

Petty crimes in Makati lowered by 70 to 80% this July, according to Makati Central Police Station’s desk officer.

Compared to last month, the number of petty crimes in Cubao, Quezon City also decreased. According to the station commander of Quezon City Police Station 7, one case of house burglary, one stabbing incident, three cases of illegal drugs, as well as cases of maltreatment and estafa were documented from July 7 to 15.

Malacañang claims government is winning war against illegal drugs

With almost 60,000 drug users nationwide surrendering to authorities since Duterte’s administration started its fight against illegal drugs, the Malacañang has claimed success in war on illegal drugs.

Despite extra-judicial killing accusations from various groups, the Duterte government insists that they are against it.

“The PNP continues to investigate situations involving vigilante killings and operational aspects where deaths are reported,” Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said.

--Mini, The Summit Express