MedTech board passer unaware of house fire while taking the exam; appeals for help

MANILA, Philippines – The emotions of netizens were stirred by a viral Facebook post from someone named "Maria Charmaine Lopez" after she revealed that the cousin of her husband, "Christle Anne Maravilla," had her house burned down while taking the March 2024 Medical Technologist (Medtech) Licensure Examination.

MedTech board passer unaware of house fire while taking the exam

According to Lopez's Facebook post, Maravilla was unaware that their house had already been burned down and nothing was saved while she was taking the board exam. It was allegedly deliberately kept from her so as not to distract her during the exam.

The house is located in Barangay Bual, Tulunan, North Cotabato.

“Nasunog ilahang balay the day jud sa board exam.. wala may nasave kahit isa na gamit. Unaware sya. After board exam na namo sya giinform.. pero after 4 days eto pala kapalit. Magiging RMT ka Christle Anne Maravilla (Their house burned down on the very day of the board exam... not a single item was saved. She was unaware. We informed her after the board exam... but after 4 days, this is what she came home to. You will become a RMT Christle Anne Maravilla),” Lopez said in her post.

RMT stands for “Registered Medical Technologist.

Maravilla passed the exam, and this served as good news for her despite the bad news she received from the burning down of their house.

“God is good. Mabalik lang ang mga nawala in God’s time.”

“Ang pinakakayamanan na hindi na mabalik ang mga medals and certificates nya since kinder to college na nasali sa sunog pati yearbook nya during high school,” Lopez added.

Lopez appeals for help for Maravilla.

“Sa mga gustong mag extend ng help eto po GCASH # ni Christle Anne Maravilla 09512525076 thank you po.”

In an interview with The Summit Express, Maravilla recounted what happened.

“Last week, around 1-2 pm of March 21, nangyari ang sunog. Our exams were scheduled on March 21-22,” Maravilla said.

“Hindi ko po agad nalaman ang nangyari after the first day kasi inuna pong ni-request ng parents ko ang mga taong nagvi-video na kung pwede walang mag-upload dahil may board exam pa 'ko.”

“After the second day, my cousin and his wife (ang nag-upload po) invited me to dinner. Binusog pa muna nila ako bago sinabi ang nangyari. At first, since I still haven't seen the aftermath of the fire I assumed it wasn't that big of a deal.”

“Pero noong tumawag na po tita ko, and kinuwento niya na ang nangyari doon na po ako naiyak, especially sa part na walang naisalba si Mama except sa isang envelope ng documents namin pero triny niya ang mga medals ko sana.”

Their house reportedly caught fire after experiencing a brownout and then regaining electricity. They heard an explosion. There was apparently an issue with the electrical wiring, exacerbated by the intense heat of the weather.

For now, Maravilla's family is staying with her aunt, who is the mother of her cousin.

Maravilla has an appeal to the public.

“We need all the prayers we can get and any cash or form of assistance is well appreciated po. Also, in critical situations like this, if we know we can't contain the fire anymore then it's better to run to safety and just call for help asap.”

“My next plan is to prepare my resume while waiting for our oath-taking so I could apply to hospitals and laboratories right after,” she said when asked about her next plans.

Would they still live there or rebuild their house on the spot where it burned down?

“Wala pa pong kumpletong budget pero if ever, sa tabi or malapit lang rin po ng dating bahay but not the exact same spot. Naniniwala po kasi parents ko sa sabi-sabi ng mga matatanda ni hindi pwede if sa saktong spot nang nasunog,” she answered.

For your assistance, here are Maravilla’s details:

Contact no./GCash number: 09512525076
BDO account: 0033-2038-9631

— Noel Ed Richards, The Summit Express

Add a comment here (0)
Previous Post Next Post