TSE_v3.1_logo_2019
  • LATEST NEWS

    2-year-old kid dies after putting spoon inside extension cord

    MANILA, Philippines – A 2-year-old kid died after getting electrocuted because he put a spoon inside one of the holes in an extension cord on the floor of their house.

    Jake Angara lost his life on February 19 in an incident that happened at their house in Quezon City. According to his mother, Eloisa Angara, she was just preparing milk for Jake when the family heard a loud bang. It turned out that the kid had inserted the slim end of the metal spoon into a hole in the extension cord.

    The family rushed him to the hospital but the child was declared dead on arrival. Mom Eloisa could not believe that her son would be gone so soon when she was just a few steps away from him. She recalls putting the spoon on the table, out of the boy’s reach but the kid had somehow gotten it.

    The curious kid played with the metal spoon and the extension cord, leading to his untimely death. The family mourns his passing, saying that they had just celebrated Jake’s birthday last February 6.

    2-year-old kid dies after putting spoon inside extension cord

    Jake’s Kuya Mharc Angara shared photos of him and the kid, recalling how close they were when the boy was still alive.

    “Sabi nila kamukha daw kita, pero di lang kamukha sobrang close tayong dalawa πŸ’”. Di ko maimagine na uuwi ako ng walang Jake na sasalubong dahil alam na meron akong pasalubong,” he wrote on Facebook.

    “Last lamay ngayon then bukas lilibing na ikaw 😒 Kuya loves you so much. Wala na yung Jake na ikikiss ko lagi before akong pumasok sa work, yung Jake na sobrang lambing, sobrang masunurin at sobrang matalino. If I have the power to bring back the time sana nasa Antipolo nalang ako nun at inaalagaan ka.”

    Jake’s grieving mother also posted some photos with him in the coffin, using his favorite cute dog filter.

    “Mamaya tuluyan mona kaming iiwan anak ko πŸ˜­πŸ’” Lagi mo kaming gabayan please. Sobrang bigat, sobrang sakit. Di namin alam saan kami kukuha ng lakas sa nangyare πŸ’” Miss na miss na kita. Walang nangungulit sa ‘kin, sa ‘min ng papa mo. Mahal na mahal na mahal kita. Isa ka na ngayong anghel naming lahat πŸ‘ΌπŸ˜­. Sobrang mamimiss ka naming lahat. Wala ng sigla yung bahay. wala ng ingay paguwi namin 😭. ILOVEYOUUUU MAHAL KO ❣πŸ‘Ό,” Eloisa wrote.

    Rest in peace, baby Jake.


    — Joy Adalia, The Summit Express

    No comments

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad