TSE_v3.1_logo_2019
  • LATEST NEWS

    LIVESTREAM: Duterte addresses the nation June 15 on GCQ, MGCQ fate

    MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte addresses the nation Monday night, June 15, to decide on community quarantine imposed in Metro Manila and all parts of the country amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

    Duterte addresses the nation June 15 on GCQ, MGCQ fate

    Spokesperson Harry Roque said Duterte is in a series of meetings before the chief executive meet the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) tonight.

    UPDATE: Duterte extends GCQ in Metro Manila, places Cebu City under ECQ

    LIVESTREAM: President Rodrigo Duterte's address (June 15, 2020)

    Kumusta Po Mahal Kong Kababayan? | President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s Meeting on COVID-19 Concerns and Talk to the People on COVID-19
    President Rodrigo Roa Duterte talks to his kababayans about the latest updates on the government’s policies, as well as the recommendations submitted by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) on the ongoing quarantine status and programs being implemented to mitigate the effects of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.

    The President addresses several issues and concerns including the opening of classes in August, and the implementation of distance and online blended learning strategies as an alternative to face-to-face learning until such time that a COVID-19 vaccine becomes available.

    Despite the government’s easing restrictions to pave way for economic viability, President Duterte reminds every Filipino to stay vigilant against the spread of COVID-19. He calls on everyone for continued cooperation in observing the minimum health standards through proper social distancing, frequent hand washing, proper cough etiquette, clean and safe surroundings, and respect for authorities.

    #HealAsOne
    #2020DuterteVision
    #DuterteLegacy
    #ComfortableLifeForAll
    #PartnerForChange

    ***
    Posted by Presidential Communications (Government of the Philippines) on Monday, June 15, 2020

    Roque said earlier that several local government units (LGUs) have appealed on community quarantine as recommended by the IATF.

    Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año on Sunday debunked circulating social media message that Metro Manila will be reverted to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) on June 16.

    READ: DILG debunks 'Metro Manila to revert to ECQ' claim

    Earlier, Año said the national capital region, the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak in the Philippines, will most likely still be placed under general community quarantine (GCQ) after June 15.

    The DILG chief said that NCR continue to add up fresh coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases. He feared that easing the quarantine protocols may cause a resurgence of more infections.

    “Para sa akin 50/50 pero mas lamang magreremain sa GCQ," he said.

    The decision tonight coincides with the expiration of previously approved general community quarantine in Metro Manila, Davao City, Regions 2, 3,4-A, Pangasinan, Albay and Mandaue City.

    As of Monday, the Philippines recorded 26,420 cases, with 1,098 deaths and 6,252 recoveries.

    COVID-19 cases Philippines June 15


    — The Summit Express

    No comments

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad