TSE_v3.1_logo_2019
  • LATEST NEWS

    NCR, Laguna and Cebu City placed under modified ECQ

    MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte imposed a modified enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the National Capital Region and two other 'high-risk' areas for COVID-19 infections after May 15.

    NCR, Laguna and Cebu City now under modified ECQ


    Aside from Metro Manila, Laguna and Cebu City also placed under modified ECQ until May 31.

    In ECQ:
    • no movement regardless of age and health status
    • minimal economic activity except for utility services such as food, power and water and the critical economic sector
    • no transportation activity except for utility services
    • suspension of physical classes

    For areas put under modified ECQ:
    • limited movement within containment zone for obtaining essential services and work
    • operation of selected manufacturing and processing plants up to maximum of 50% workforce
    • limited transporting services for essential goods and services
    • suspension of physical classes

    Meanwhile, the following areas considered moderate and low-risk will be downgraded to general community quarantine:
    • Region II
    • Region III (provinces now placed under MECQ)
    • Region IV-A (except Laguna)
    • CAR
    • Region VII (except Cebu City)
    • Region IX
    • Region XI
    • Region XIII
    • Region I
    • Region IV-B
    • Region V
    • Region VI
    • Region VIII
    • Region X
    • Region XII
    • BARMM

    NCR, Laguna and Cebu City placed under modified ECQ

    Duterte in his taped televised address on Tuesday, reiterated his call for the public to obey safety measures against the COVID-19 as the government starts to gradually ease restrictions.

    President Duterte said people should remain vigilant because the lifting of quarantine measures does not mean the public will be safe from the highly contagious coronavirus.

    “Dahan-dahan lang sa ngayon para walang ano — hindi tayo madapa. Dahan-dahan lang. Because we cannot afford a second or third wave na mangyari. Ito ‘yung mabagong mahawa na naman at rarami na naman dahil nga sa mayroon tayong rules na hindi sinunod,” he said.

    To prevent new infections, President Duterte reminded Filipinos to continue abiding safety measures set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).

    “Do not go out of your house without a mask. That is a must. Must comply. Kung wala kang mask you endanger — ipapasubo mo ‘yung kaharap mo,” he said.

    Aside from wearing masks, he also advised people to observe social distancing policy.

    Government rules are intended to protect public health, considering the “very lethal” nature of COVID-19, the President said.

    As of Monday, the Philippines has reported 292 new cases bringing the total COVID-19 cases to 11,086. This includes 1,999 recoveries and 726 fatalities.

    Of the new cases, 162 or 56 percent are from the National Capital Region, 74 or 25 percent are from Region 7 or Central Visayas, and the rest are from other regions.

    Globally, more than 4.1 million people have so far infected with the novel coronavirus, killing over 280,000. Around 1.4 million have recovered from the disease.

    — The Summit Express

    No comments

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad