TSE_v3.1_logo_2019
  • LATEST NEWS

    Christopher de Leon tests positive for COVID-19

    MANILA, Philippines – Veteran actor Christopher de Leon on Tuesday announced that he has tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

    Christopher de Leon is the first Filipino celebrity confirmed to be coronavirus-positive
    Christopher de Leon is the first Filipino celebrity confirmed to be coronavirus-positive | Photo Courtesy: Balita.com

    De Leon is the first Filipino celebrity who is confirmed to be COVID-19 positive. In a statement released by the actor on Instagram, he said he has no recent travel history or contact with anyone confirmed to have the virus.

    The actor said, "To all my family and friends, especially in the entertainment business: Today, our doctor confirmed that I have COVID-19."

    SEE ALSO: Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri tests positive for COVID-19

    He, however, admitted that he had been in contact with many people. He urged those who were able to interact with him in the last few weeks to undergo the necessary precautionary measures against coronavirus.

    De Leon said, "However, due to the nature of my work in the entertainment business, I have interacted with many people. I therefore ask anyone who has come in contact with me within the last week or two to observe stringent self-quarantine, observe for symptoms and follow the triage procedures published by the DOH, whether asymptomatic or not."

    "Please cooperate with the authorities in their contact tracing efforts. My wife Sandy, daughter Mica & our kasambahay are in self quarantine at home," he added.

    De Leon added a Bible quote as he holds on to his faith in this very trying time. He wrote, "In this time of trial, we ask for your prayers and we continue to praise and thank the Lord for His goodness in our lives."

    "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18 )."



    To all my family and friends, especially in the entertainment business: Today, our doctor confirmed that I have COVID-19. I’ve had no recent travel history outside of the Philippines and no known contact with anyone who is positive to have the virus. However, due to the nature of my work in the entertainment business, I have interacted with many people. I therefore ask anyone who has come in contact me within the last week or two to observe stringent self-quarantine, observe for symptoms and follow the triage procedures published by the DOH, whether asymptomatic or not. Please cooperate with the authorities in their contact tracing efforts. My wife Sandy, daughter Mica & our kasambahay are in self quarantine at home. In this time of trial, we ask for your prayers and we continue to praise and thank the Lord for His goodness in our lives. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ( 1Thessalonians 5:18 ) Stay safe & GOD bless ! Christopher de Leon
    A post shared by Bo de Leon (@sgt.pepper8) on

    RELATED STORY

    — Sally, The Summit Express

    No comments

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad