Barangay officials qualify for special CSC eligibility

Manila, Philippines - The Civil Service Commission (CSC) announces that elected and appointed barangay officials may now apply for the Barangay Official Eligibility (BOE).

Civil Service Commission official logo

BOE is a privilege granted to barangay officials, including Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) chairpersons, who have rendered at least one term of office in one barangay. Said eligibility is equivalent to a Career Service Subprofessional eligibility suitable for first level positions in government or job positions which involve clerical, trades, crafts, and custodial service.

The grant of BOE shall be based strictly on the completion of term of office. If the services rendered by the elected or appointed barangay official fall short of the completed term, he or she may be considered the grant only if the deficiency is not more than 15 days.

Barangay officials who completed their term of office before Aug. 1, 2012 may file their application for the BOE until Aug. 1, 2014, after which the CSC shall stop issuing BOEs to barangay officials with completed terms before Aug. 1, 2012.

Barangay officials who completed their term of office on or after Aug. 1, 2012 may still apply for the BOE beyond Aug. 1, 2014.

Appointive barangay officials such as the Barangay Treasurer and Barangay Secretary who were appointed by the Punong Barangay and are related to the latter up to the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity shall not qualify for the BOE. The applicant shall submit a notarized affidavit stating that he or she is not related up to the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity to the appointing Punong Barangay.

Application may be filed at the CSC Regional or Field Office with jurisdiction over the barangay concerned. Application fee is PHP500.

Policies on the grant of BOE are stated in CSC Memorandum Circular No. 13, s. 2012. Form and requirements for application are available at the CSC website

For more information on the Barangay Official Eligibility, please contact any CSC Regional or Field Office.

Previous Post Next Post