TSE_v3.1_logo_2019
  • LATEST NEWS

    Noli de Castro bids goodbye to ABS-CBN, eyes Senate comeback

    MANILA, Philippines – Veteran news anchor Noli de Castro on Thursday bid goodbye to ABS-CBN as he is set to run in the May 2022 national elections.

    "Sorry to say na ito ho ang huling araw ko na dito sa TeleRadyo for so many years," he said in his morning program "Kabayan" on TeleRadyo.

    Noli de Castro bids goodbye to ABS-CBN, eyes Senate comeback
    Photo Credit: ABS-CBN

    The former Vice President joined Manila Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso’s Aksyon Demokratiko party.

    The 72-year-old broadcaster is set to run in the senatorial race.

    “Ako po ay makikipagsapalaran sa bagong uri ng panunungkulan, pero tuloy-tuloy ang ating public service. Itong pagkakataong na ito ay mas magiging malawak na po ang isasagawa kong public service kung susuwertehin sa tulong na rin po ninyo,” he added.

    The Kapamilya broadcaster said that he is still saddened by the House of Representatives’ decision to reject ABS-CBN’s franchise renewal last year.

    De Castro served as Senator from 2001 to 2004, topping the 2001 senatorial race, and Vice President from 2004 to 2010.

    Prior to this, he was one of the leading anchors at the country’s largest media company, having played key roles in DZMM Radyo Patrol’s Kabayan program, as well as the news magazine show Magandang Gabi Bayan and news and public affairs program TV Patrol.

    — The Summit Express

    No comments

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad