TSE_v3.1_logo_2019
  • LATEST NEWS

    Duterte to decide on community quarantine on June 15

    MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte will announce his decision on the implementation of community quarantine nationwide on Monday, June 15, Malacañang Palace said on Thursday.

    President Rodrigo Roa Duterte
    President Rodrigo Roa Duterte updates the nation on the government’s efforts in addressing the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Photo Credit: PCOO

    It is the same day of expiration of previously approved general community quarantine in Metro Manila, Davao City, Regions 2, 3,4-A, Pangasinan, Albay and Mandaue City.

    SEE ALSO: DILG debunks 'Metro Manila to revert to ECQ' claim

    “Konting hintay na lang po. Mismong si Presidente Duterte po ang haharap at kakausap sa taumbayan sa Lunes, June 15, para ianunsyo ito. Hindi po natin pangungunahan ang Presidente sa kanyang announcement,” presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said in a televised briefing.

    Duterte will meet the members of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases prior to his address on Monday.

    "The only options are magiging modified GCQ, GCQ, o modified ECQ. Hindi masyadong bago o different ang mga classifications na pwede papuntahan ng Metro Manila at Cebu City," Roque added.

    Focus of the government will be the quarantine measure for Metro Manila and Cebu City, where big chunk of recently reported COVID-19 cases came from.

    As of Thursday, the Philippines recorded 24,175 cases, with 1,036 deaths and 5,165 recoveries.

    — The Summit Express

    No comments

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad