LOOK: Room catches fire after Samsung S4 exploded due to improper charging | The Summit Express

Navi-Grid TheSummitExpress - Your News Blog
Home About Us Contribute Team Summit Express Advertise

Privacy Policy Terms and Conditions

LOOK: Room catches fire after Samsung S4 exploded due to improper charging


ADVERTISEMENT


A netizen has warned about the dangers of improper charging of a phone after a room in their house caught fire due following the explosion of a Samsung S4.

Room catches fire after Samsung S4 exploded due to improper charging

According to Facebook user Daverianne Quibael Beltrano, the fire incident happened in the early morning of Wednesday, October 19 inside their home. The night prior to the incident, Beltrano’s mother charged his father’s phone, a Samsung S4, using a charger for an Alcatel mobile phone. Beltrano noted that the phone was not charged the whole night.

The next morning, his mother decided to turn off and transfer the cellphone upon noticing that the phone was hot due to charging. After 30 minutes of charging, the phone exploded without their knowledge.

It was their neighbors who notified them that a room in their house has caught fire. Fortunately, Beltrano’s family was able to control the fire that has engulfed the whole room. No one was hurt during the incident.


In his post, Beltrano urged mobile phone users to take the necessary precautions in charging. Here are some of them:

1. Don’t charge your phone using a different charger.
2. Refrain from charging your phone overnight.
3. Don’t charge your phone near your bed.
4. Don’t place a charging phone beside you while sleeping at night.
5. Don’t charge your phone near fire- prone materials.

Furthemore, Beltrano emphasized that the issue does not concern the brand of the phone or charger. Through his Facebook post, he is hoping that he could enlighten netizens about the proper and safe way to charge mobile phones.

“Hindi po ito tungkol sa phone or sa charger. Ang nais po namin ay matuto tayong lahat ng tama at ligtas na paraan ng pagcharge ng phone at baguhin ang mga nakagawian natin upang maiwasan ang ganitong trahedya,” Beltrano wrote in his post.

Following reports of exploding units of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 due to faulty batteries, the South Korean company ordered its global recall and halted its production this month.

--Mini, The Summit Express

Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter or subscribe via E-mail to receive more updates.


ADVERTISEMENT