VIDEO: Pacquiao vs Mayweather Weigh-in, Face-off Live | The Summit Express

Navi-Grid TheSummitExpress - Your News Blog
Home About Us Contribute Team Summit Express Advertise

Privacy Policy Terms and Conditions

VIDEO: Pacquiao vs Mayweather Weigh-in, Face-off Live


ADVERTISEMENT


MANILA, Philippines – Before the very historic fist fight happens between Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao and Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr., they had to face the each other first, on a weighing scale and made the 147 lbs weight limit on Friday, May 1 (Saturday, May 2 Manila Time) at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas Nevada, USA.

Pacquiao and Mayweather in their final staredown
Pacquiao and Mayweather in their final staredown | Photo Credit: Rappler.com

It was initially reported that the tickets were sold for $10 each and all proceeds will go to both fighters’ chosen charities. But despite of that, boxing fanatics from different parts of the globe marched on to MGM and flooded the Grand Ballroom where the weigh-ins happened. 16,000 boxing patrons reportedly gathered to witness the historic weigh-in.

LIVE: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Weigh-In (video courtesy of shosports/Youtube)



Anyone can judge that majority of the audience are Pacquiao supporters because of the “Manny! Manny!” chants and cheer during his entry while there was a moment of silence when Mayweather headed to stage. Betting businesses and systems also showed that Pacquiao is slightly favored to win the fight with 51% of the bettors opt for Manny while the remaining 49% go to “Money.”

Both Fighters came in the venue with their signature sport hoodies: TMT for Floyd Mayweather and MP for Manny Pacquiao. The Fighting Congressman from Philippines who are known for being too bold in his Christian Faith, bannered and showed-off his Nike-MP Shirt with “The Name of the Lord is Jesus” text in front and “All Glory Belongs to God” script on the back.

For the very first time in the history of boxing, two of the greatest sports announcers collaborated and pumped up the crowd. Michael Buffer introduced Pacman while Jimmy Lennon Jr. hosted Pretty Boy Flod’s weighing.

Pacquiao was scaled first and recorded 145 lbs and immediately followed by Mayweather who weighs a pound heavier than his rival.

After the weigh-in, the two greatest boxers of this generation faced each other for the traditional and official stare down. It is very clear that Undefeated American has the size advantage over the Filipino Southpaw and this lead to Pacquiao’s interview in front of the humongous crowd.

Asked if what his thoughts are when Floyd told him that he is too big for him, the soft-spoken Filipino replied: “I fought bigger fighters before, the likes of Dela Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Shane Mosley. It’s not a problem for me.”

Floyd was also frankly questioned if he thinks that Pacquiao will have careless moment in the ring that he can capitalize. Mayweather safely uttered: “I can’t tell that.”

Floyd Mayweather Sr. and Freddie Roach were also both interviewed prior to the actual weigh-in.

“Aint nobody can beat my son. Only the one who’s above. Other than that, no one, no one.” According to “Money’s” Trainor and father, Floyd Sr.

“We will flurry him with punches and body shots and he will go down.” Emphasized by “Pacman’s” Chief Tactician, Freddie Roach.

Aside from Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr., their under card fighters were also weighed in and all of them made their respected weight limits.

Before the weigh-ins have formally wrapped-up, Manny Pacquiao thank Floyd Mayweather Jr. for making the fight happen and making the fans happy.

“It doesn’t matter whether you’re Floyd Mayweather fans or Manny Pacquiao Fans. This fight is for you and we want you to be happy.” Pacquiao’s closing remarks before they finally waved at the crowd and said good night.

Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter or subscribe via E-mail to receive more updates.


ADVERTISEMENT